Tuesday 11 October 2011

Introduction Post~

So! After many years of whining about my weight, I've finally decided to do something about it!

It all started with a friend's wedding, where the bride was telling us about this diet her father-in-law had gone on that had worked really well - and actually kept the weight off!

This was, of course, the Dukan diet.

My sister and I spent months reading up on it, but didn't start the diet as we had a holiday to London and Portugal later in the year.

Sometime last week, I signed up on the Dukan Diet UK website and found that there was a 40% discount offer for subscriptions for coaching if you paid in the month of October. Since it cost about two really nice meals, which I had to give up anyway, I didn't mind paying the money - maybe it'll even keep me disciplined with following the instructions!

Anyway, I started this blog to keep track of my progress. I'm also hoping to keep a detailed list of the foods I eat, just in case there is a slip-up somewhere that I didn't notice.

I started my diet on Sunday, 9th October 2011. I weighed 71kg at the time, with a true weight of 54.4kg and a goal of 50kg.

Here's to hoping I'll be able to finish the diet before 7th July 2012 next year - which is my sister's wedding day and the main reason I'm trying to lose all this weight.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment