Thursday 23 February 2012

Recipe: Easy Speedy Dukan Bread Recipe

This recipe is adapted from a cake recipe on the Dukan website. That's right, a cake recipe! It tastes more like bread to my sister and I though, so we call it a bread recipe :P

Ingredients:
2 tbsp oat bran
1 tbsp wheat bran
2 tbsp skimmed milk powder
2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp baking powder
sweetener to taste (I use about 2 sachets - 1/2 tsp)
1.5 tbsp fromage frais (I just use yoghurt - about 2tbsp)
2 eggs

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then stir in the wet ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a deep-ish microwaveable bowl and cover with cling film. Cook at 800w for 5 minutes, or at 1000w for about 4 and a half minutes.

Do not overcook or the bread becomes very tough and chewy, and quite dry.

Variations:
  • Add Dukan chocolate chips (mix 1tbsp fat-reduced cocoa powder, 1 tbsp hazelnut essence, 1 egg yolk together, then freeze until hardened and cut chips off the block) to the mixture for sweetness.
  • Add 2 tsp cocoa powder and 1tbsp sweetener for chocolate bread.
  • Add a small amount of matcha powder (I'm not sure - half a teaspoon should do I think, but I usually judge by colour) and 1tbsp sweetener for a sweet green tea bread.
  • Serve with a chocolate spread made from cocoa powder, hot milk and sweetener.

No comments:

Post a Comment